Indian And International Jokes Only Here On jokes-humor-info.blogspot.com/. Get International jokes, SMS jokes, fun articles, Indian Jokes, Hindi Jokes and more....Here you can get more and more jokes, Humor. Check all the blogs for more fun.....

Monday, June 23, 2008

My Worst Day in Real Estate

This is my Wifes Take on What happened that faithful day when everything went wrong!

My day started out as any other day, woke up at 4am, made the coffee, let the dogs out, turned my computer on to read my emails and get any remaining paperwork done before I headed out the door to show properties in the Tampa Real Estate market to a client. Okay so far... I grab my cup of coffee, let the dogs in and read my emails. At 9am I start making my calls to confirm appointments for my showings for the day. This is my first frustration; agents don't return calls, don't acknowledge receipt of emails and faxes - this another topic for another day, I want to stick to my story here.

I finish up all the daily stuff and head out the door to meet my client at the first property, which was a Tampa Foreclosures Property, which I still don't know if we can get into. On my way I call the agent again and find out that she has not spoken to the tenant to let us in. I call my client to meet me at the second property. So I get to this house twenty minutes early and client is a little behind so I sit with the a/c on and make more calls...

Once my client arrives I turn off my car and head to the door, which begins the whole reason I am here writing this today. It is suppose to have an electronic lock box; it doesn't. First call gets me the code to get in, good. My client walks it and likes it. We go out to our cars and mine won't start, battery is dead. My client is really sweet and he takes it upon himself to help me out. Between the two of us we don't have cables so he walks over to the neighbors and gets him to help us. We talk a bit about the neighborhood while we are charging my battery, the car starts up and he tells me I shouldn't turn the car off until I get to the nearest garage to get it serviced because there is an issue with the cable. I have two more properties to show so I tell my client we will continue on and I just won't turn my car off.

Are you with me so far? Hang in there to the end, I promise it is well worth the read! On to the second house which is approximately twenty minutes away, and again no lock box, so another call to the agent, got the key and I stood outside monitoring my car (it's running remember), my client comes out and isn't interested in this one. On to the last property, another twenty minutes away and ...

You almost know where this is going, but it isn't a lock box this time, it's my phone! It didn't update, it took six tries to get my phone to sync, but I keep on it and finally I get it to work and my reward is the key! This house has an alarm set and I have to get to the box. I don't recall the agent telling me the location of the alarm... I'm running around looking for the stupid thing, find it and then I press a wrong number!!!! The alarm sounds off until I get the right code in. I am trying to stay focused on the task at hand and make this look like this is normal everyday stuff so my client doesn't think I am a total idiot, which I myself am beginning to think! I return to the front porch where my client is patiently waiting for me, as I tell him the coast is clear the next door neighbor is in his truck yelling something at me about some tree branches that are hanging over the fence into his property and to get my homeowner to take care of it. I politely smile and tell him I will pass his request on to the listing agent and send him on his merry little way.

My client goes inside while I stand by my running car, he comes out and we talk a moment before I return inside to arm the alarm and lock up. Back out to my car and my client wants to write up a contract on this one. We make arrangements to get together later once I get my car fixed and off he goes. I know what you're thinking; all the difficulties to get to the contract is worth what I have gone through. Hold on, I'm not done yet. I get back into my car, notice the gas tank is almost on empty, go figure! I plug the next location into the GPS and get on my phone to call the listing agent, let her know about the alarm, the neighbor, and my client wants the property. I'm hoping I can get to my office on what little gas is left, call my husband and let him know I'm on my way and about the battery/ gas situation and hang up. My client calls to make sure I'm okay, I assure him I'm fine. I'm turning the corner and hit a pothole... I hear this flapping noise and the steering wheel is pulling to the right. Are you kidding me!! I pull off in the nearest parking lot and sure enough, a flat tire! I call my husband to let him know and by this time I am thinking I deserve a good cry or something, but I keep my cool and laugh while my husband lectures me about my driving. Note here: I believe I'm a better driver than my husband and I didn't purposely hit that pothole to get a flat. My husband arrives, changes the tire and we get back to the office to finish up for the day, tell some of the other agents our story and laugh.

You think this is the end of our day don't you? As we leave the office we decide we will switch vehicles, I am happy to do this, and as I pull out of the drive onto the busy street I get as far as the other side to make a turn, and the car dies! As well as my phone is dead! My husband doesn't understand what the heck is going on with me and goes around to come back to where I am. He gets out of the car and comes over to me and discovers I am out of gas... He goes back to his car (he turned it off, bad move I'm thinking) and it doesn't start; he is out of gas...

Once we got home I had received this email:

EPHESIANS 3:20

Concentrate on the first sentence.....

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Something good will happen to you today. Something that you have been waiting to hear.

If I hadn't lived through this day and I had read about it as you are doing right now, I wouldn't believe it! I have witnesses who can attest to my story and who will go on to tell it again and again and laugh at my expense. That's okay, I got the contract!