Indian And International Jokes Only Here On jokes-humor-info.blogspot.com/. Get International jokes, SMS jokes, fun articles, Indian Jokes, Hindi Jokes and more....Here you can get more and more jokes, Humor. Check all the blogs for more fun.....

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Talent

Here I am again, ready to take the plunge.

Now that I'm back though, what do I have to say? Has there been months of pent up creativity, just waiting to burst out of my idea filled brain? or will it turn out (as i fully expect) that only the tiniest germ, has been lying, undisturbed and probably unperturbed, by the notion of being put into print.

I wonder if R L Stevenson or Conan Doyle suffered in the same way, Had they owned olde worlde blogs, would they have been stricken with the 'curse of the empty brain cell' ? Holmes would surely have found an answer to it, and Dr Jekyll would have found able assistance in his friend Mr Hyde, the answer would have come, but it may have been messy.

It has never ceased to amaze me how some people can write a tome the size of War and Peace at the drop of a hat, and with probably nothing more than a tray of dirty cat litter for inspiration. It would help if the hat in question, fell into the litter i suppose.............but nevertheless, something good would have come out of the unfortunate incident.

I could drop someone else's hat, including it's wearer, onto the deck of the Titanic, send him off on an ill fated journey, have him survive, and return to me with a daily diary, photographs and sworn witness statements, and I'd still struggle to make a sentence worth reading out of it.

I suppose it's just down to talent.

I have a talent, unfortunately it won't bring me fame and fortune in the literary world, I will never make the lead role in the film that is made using the evidence handed to me by the already mentioned, survivor of the Titanic, and I doubt you'll ever see me on TV, singing, dancing, or partnering some gorgeous minor celebrity as we glide, blissfully, around a mini ice rink in front of an audience of millions.

My talent, though not exactly gold standard, is still a talent

I have developed it over many years, keeping it close, nurturing it, secretly, I'll admit to being shocked when i first discovered my unusual ability, I tried to broach the subject with my family in the early years, but no one seemed the slightest bit interested, maybe my talent hadn't developed sufficiently for even a friendly audience at that time.

Now at last i can reveal it to the world. I don't expect to see myself interviewed in the daily papers, nor do i think I'll be on the Johnathon Ross Show, performing it live, but a talent like this can't be kept hidden for ever. What is it? i hear you ask, OK, I'll tell you seeing as you've been so patient.

I have the ability to turn my head into a cat magnet!!

I can even do this in my sleep. In fact when I'm asleep, my talent is at it's most powerful. Many a night i have gone to sleep catless, only to wake wearing the furriest, purriest hat imaginable, or Misha, as she is known to the rest of my family.

No other family member has obtained the power of the cat magnet, It's not that i guard the secret jealously anymore, in fact I'd happily share the talent, but strangely, no one else seems to want to learn how to attract living, breathing nocturnal headware.

My talent astounds me at times, i even close the bedroom door, before retiring, in a bid to ensure a chapeau free night, but the power of my magnet is too strong for mere timber, and long before dawn, my purring headgear is in place, body neatly draped over my greying locks, the long, stripey tail tucked behind my ear. I sometimes dream i am being cooked alive under a furry microwave

I think i can live without my talent, unlike premiership footballers and rock stars, i don't need it to survive.