Indian And International Jokes Only Here On jokes-humor-info.blogspot.com/. Get International jokes, SMS jokes, fun articles, Indian Jokes, Hindi Jokes and more....Here you can get more and more jokes, Humor. Check all the blogs for more fun.....

Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Life Story on The Big Screen!

When the final chapter in my life's story has been written and work on the screenplay for the movie begins, someone will be faced with the difficult assignment of deciding who will play me on the big screen. It won't be an easy task because it will take an actor of the first water to capture the true essence of me.

My life has had the same assortments of successes and failures, tears, both of joy and of sorrow, grand excitement and heart-rending disappointments as everyone else in this world. I can say though, in all honesty I've never been bored a day in my life!

I guess I've been thoroughly blessed to have survived in this world as long as I have without the benefit of a burning desire for anything, leaving me slightly out of step with all the movers and shakers of this world. Does that mean that I've been without dreams and goals to achieve them? No!

Having no great desire to save the world, cure cancer or control a corporate empire has worked well for me. With only a few exceptions there's not a thing I would change if I had all this to do over again. There are enough surprises jumping out at us when we least expect it to overcome any thoughts of succumbing to boredom, which I believe is a sin!

Who then, if this epic of human survival were cast today, would I choose for that role of a lifetime? Not just anyone could carry off such an assignment. After much thought, I've narrowed the field down to just a few that could seriously portray me on the big screen.

As my younger self, would be the one I would definitely choose to play me, if for no other reason than he's the only young actor I can think of at the moment. He's obviously talented, for I've seen him in several movies, other than "Second Hand Lion," with Robert Duvall and Michael Caine. Dye his hair a little darker and he could be me in my younger years.

Al Pacino would be a favorable choice for an older me. He lives the character and in just a few scenes you forget that he's Al Pacino. That's the kind of man who can capture the real Bob Alexander. I can see Al now, smiling as he says, "Say hello to my little friend!" Oops! Wrong movie!

Unfortunately I don't believe this part is crying out for Mr. Pacino. This is the role every actor dreams about, but he seems a little too serious accurately portray me. I've never found a serious situation that couldn't be improved by a little humor. Some believe this to be a flaw in my character but I believe it to be genetic and it's not my fault! I was born with this affliction.

I think the ability to find humor in the most dire of situation has been passed down to my brother also. A case in point is a dilemma my family encountered when my mother passed away.

As befitting a good country song, it was raining on the day before her funeral and the weather outlook for the next day was more of the same. In addition, when my brothers and I were seated in the funeral home with the director, we found that the day was already booked. There were four interments already scheduled, but the gentleman said that he could squeeze us in at 8:00 a.m. We all determined that this was much too early for such an event.

My brother broke the silence that ensued with, "What's the chance there will be a cancellation tomorrow?" The funeral director looked surprised and in a shocked voice replied, "I don't think I've ever been asked that before." We all had a good laugh that broke, for the moment, the somber mood that had been cast over the room. Mother would have been proud!

When it comes down to deciding just who will be the lucky fellow to play me, I'll have to go with George Clooney. Not only is he a good actor, he has a wit about him that is reminiscent of my humor. Put that together with his good looks, and he would be the perfect choice to play the role of Bob Alexander.

Labels: