Indian And International Jokes Only Here On jokes-humor-info.blogspot.com/. Get International jokes, SMS jokes, fun articles, Indian Jokes, Hindi Jokes and more....Here you can get more and more jokes, Humor. Check all the blogs for more fun.....

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Only in Portland

Maybe it's the weather, or maybe it's just a good day to be a little off. Some of it has to do no doubt with the fact that I work in mental health and these people fascinate me rather than worry me. Whatever it is, only here in Portland do I get to ride the bus downtown, and while waiting for the streetcar get to have a smoke with some guy who is homeless and schizophrenic tell me all about how he is planning on getting his middle finger cut off because a cat bit him.

I saw the finger, it was obviously swollen, but I doubt he needed to have it amputated. Then he tells me what a "bi***" this will be because he plays bass guitar. Not any bass guitar either but a bass guitar that he personally bought off of Lemmy from the band Motorhead. "Agent B, is sure I will lose it," he tells me. Naturally I have no idea who "Agent B" is, but after a while in mental health you learn sometimes it's better not to ask. Anyway, after a fist pound (see Deals or No Deals Howie Mandell for what this is) and a thanks for the smoke we both got on the streetcar.

Upon arriving on the Portland State University campus, and getting off the streetcar I notice a well dressed man standing on one of the stone risers in the park blocks screaming the gospel at all in range. "This is too good to miss," I am thinking. So I went to grab a dark chocolate M&Ms from the school store, and headed out to sit down to watch from a bench nearby. The guy is obviously addressing the masses (all 8 or so of us), more than he is just rambling.

He was on quite a roll, well rehearsed, and did I mention in a shirt and tie underneath a smart looking overcoat. Anyway to sum up the gist of it we all have until Jan, 11, 2011, and then Jesus is coming back. So look busy! Just kidding, I added that last bit. What is it with doomsayers having a particular day in mind anyway. Wouldn't it be more effective to say "pretty soon" so people won't act like it is one big "Fat Tuesday" right up until the day. And January 11th, 2011, I have plans, this just won't work for me. Lets just hope I don't end up with egg on my face.

Anyway, just wanted to brighten your day with a little bit of life here in the Northwest. Take care, have a good weekend, and don't forget to mark your calendars.

Labels: