Indian And International Jokes Only Here On jokes-humor-info.blogspot.com/. Get International jokes, SMS jokes, fun articles, Indian Jokes, Hindi Jokes and more....Here you can get more and more jokes, Humor. Check all the blogs for more fun.....

Monday, September 22, 2008

My Dream of Becoming a Traveling Salesman

As a child, I dreamed of becoming a traveling salesman. Every April, my mom and dad did their taxes. My grandma took my brother and me down to Marriot's (Great America) for a few days to get out of 1040's way. My brother loved the log ride and the bumper cars; I loved the Ramada Inn where we stayed.

I told my grandma, "I love motels. They are so much more fun than home. I want to be a traveling salesman when I grow up."

"Don't you want to be a doctor or lawyer?"

"No. I like eating breakfast at Denny's. It is fun having the waitress ask me how big I am. I like having the truckers ask me how long it's gonna be until I get big enough to handle a big rig."

"That's not what being a traveling salesman is about," my grandma said. It is about being away from your family and being alone on the road."

"Do I get to stay in motels like this one?" I asked.

"Well, yes, I suppose," she said. "But why would you want to do that."

"I like the way Denny's and motels smell." I said.

"That is an awful thing to say for a boy your age."

"I just like motels," I said. "I just like the way they smell."

"Well, if that makes you happy. Just you don't smoke."

"I promise I won't. I just like Denny's and motels. Maybe I'll become a football player."

"I guess you could do that," she said.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home