Indian And International Jokes Only Here On jokes-humor-info.blogspot.com/. Get International jokes, SMS jokes, fun articles, Indian Jokes, Hindi Jokes and more....Here you can get more and more jokes, Humor. Check all the blogs for more fun.....

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oddities of Tucson Arizona

Moving to Tucson has been an adventure in learning after spending most of my life in New York State. It's a wonderful place to live with the excellent weather and the beautiful sunsets, but at the same time there are some oddities about Tucson. I'm going to fit right in.

One of the most interesting things that I have learned since moving here is that after you flush your toilet it comes back to you ten days later as your tap water. I gained this tidbit of information listening in on a conversation in a grocery line. I found the fact mildly disturbing, but not distasteful. It did make me wonder what magical process the waste water goes through during those ten days to make it palatable.

Operating a motor vehicle in Tucson can be dangerous. For some strange reason a large number of drivers in this city come to a complete stop at green lights. Is it possible that the bright green color stuns them because they abide in a desert? Tucson averages about 80,000 rear end collisions every year. This would be a great place to open a repair shop or an eye clinic.

There is a preponderance of people who wear cowboy hats in Tucson, and while not having an aversion to that type of headgear it does make me feel like I'm in an old western movie. The citizen's wearing the hats seem to saunter rather than walk. I am on the alert for stampedes.

I will bore you with one more item of interest. A house panel ( I have no idea what that is, but it sounds important ) voted this week to allow people to pull a gun without ending up in jail if they consider themselves in danger. Is this the Wild West? Folks would be immune from prosecution if it was a defensive display of their weapon. Can I pull a knife if I'm feeling frisky?

I always try to maintain an edge, and I'm proud of my ability to overcome obstacles. I now lap my water straight from the toilet tank in order to stay ahead of the game.